The UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023–2024 is the eagerly anticipated chance for gifted international students to study in Canada on a fully funded basis. This scholarship program in Canada aims to draw top-tier foreign students and give them the chance to develop meaningful relationships and a sense of community. Both career and community service are prioritized heavily in the UBC international student award. It is expected of the students competing for this award that their final products will also benefit their communities.
The UBC Public Scholar Initiative (PSI) scholarship for 2023–24 aims to support students who would otherwise be unable to continue their education in Canada by providing financial assistance. The PSI international scholarship helps turn the dream of getting a free education in Canada into a tangible reality. Only 30-35 students would be able to pursue their education at the best institution in the world every year without the British Columbia Institution Scholars Award Initiative.
Vancouver serves as the current home of the University of British Columbia and serves as its original location. The city is widely known for having a huge seasonal impact. You may appreciate the snow-capped city as well as the sun-baked beaches. People are drawn to it for a variety of reasons, including the environment, the food, and the way of life. As a result, the recipients of the UBC Public Scholars Scholarship would be the luckiest since they would also have the chance to engage in activities that promote collaboration, peace, and cultural variety outside of the context of academic study and research. Due to the city’s attraction, learning there will always be fun and it has a thriving foreign culture.
The university has a prominent group of students known as The Graduate Student Ambassadors since the goal of this Canada scholarship is to give a platform for networking. Through various in-person and online sessions, this group works with the students to help them become familiar with the courses and the campus. International scholars also join the UBC alumni community and look into ways to network with other alumni. UBC has a sizable student body of 10,000, of which 2500 are international students, thanks to its world-class education and students’ comfort level. Therefore, it is imperative that you take full advantage of the funded UBC initiative.
UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023/24:
- University of British Columbia
- Permanent Resident
Check Top 10 Scholarships in Canada
Benefits of the UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023/24:
- The recipients of the awards will receive $10,000 twice for each annual educational year.
- The grant can be utilized as a travel allowance for professional development or research-related scholarly work.
- If the student’s current funding source is not able enough to bear the expense, the grant can be utilized as a stipend.
Check Australia Awards Scholarships 2024 | Fully Funded
Eligibility of the UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023/24:
- The candidate must be a student of the UBC Doctoral program, it can be PhD, EdD, and DMA.
- UBC Okanagan Campus students can also apply.
- The candidate must not have completed more than 48 months of doctoral studies on campus.
- The candidates must have been registered with the university, not before 1 September 2023
- Applicants in their 6th year (48 to 60 months of doctoral study) will be accepted only in the most exceptional circumstance.
How to apply for the UBC Public Scholars Award in Canada 2023/24?
- The candidates have to apply online.
- The candidates have to download the fellowship form first and then have to fill it out and upload it.
- The form will be available on the PSI website once you click the Apply Now button.
- The candidates have to complete the CCV from the Canadian Common CV Web site (https://ccv-cvc.ca/indexresearcher-eng.frm) as part of their PSI Fellowship application and have to upload it.
- The candidates have to adopt the Vanier-Banting Academic CV template of the CCV.
- Two letters of support must be submitted by the applicant’s supervisors through the link provided on the Application main page where the applicant has downloaded the documents, under ‘Application Procedures’.
- The recommendation letters must have the signature of the referee. The signature can be electronic or digital.
UBC Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is May 12, 2023.